ART - PAINTING A DAY - MISTAKES - LUCKY HITS

domingo, 20 de janeiro de 2008

"THAT IS NOTHING MORE TRULY ARTISTIC THAN TO LOVE PEOPLE"


Mixed Technique on paper 36X24cm

I love Van Gogh... who doesn't? For me, more than a great artist (I don't like to use the term "genius" because I don't believe talent is a gift but the result of hard work) he is an example of persistence. He once said: "If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced". What is done in love is done well!
I pay homage to him in the painting above, my version of "Memory of the Garden of Etten", what gave me great pleasure to paint.

2 comentários:

Mary Sheehan Winn disse...

Very nice sentiment. I like the painting and your enthusiasm. Its' so true Luciano, talent is nothing compared to dedication.

alberto valentini disse...

Ohla Luciano,

I like this work and many others on your blog. Keep up the good work.