ART - PAINTING A DAY - MISTAKES - LUCKY HITS

terça-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2008

HOW "NOT" TO PAINT


I was so happy with the progress of this painting till this vimpire woman shows up. I hate her. She is ugly, deformed, disproportionate... even stinks!
I first painted the background and it was ok, then I painted the blond guy and I felt like Michelangelo and then... I ruined the whole thing with her!
Compare with the first study. It was much better.
Now, I will put it aside and just later try to fix Mrs. Dracula up.
Kids, do not paint like tha
t!

2 comentários:

Mary Sheehan Winn disse...

Luciano, your Rhett Butler quote made me laugh out loud. Thanks for such a funny comment and also thanks for the suggestion on the painting.
I am going to work on getting just a hint of the shape of that glass vase via highlights and try and design a few folds in the cloth kind of like Jennifer Bellinger does. The photo of the setup doesn't tell you that I was viewing it from above like a Carol Marine.

Your post about the vampire cracked me up too! You had the courage to post it anyway so good for you!
Thanks for your visit :D

Unknown disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.